544 FM 156 South, Suite 100
Haslet, TX 76052
For more information please contact our office at 817-439-4999 and Dr. Ashcroft will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.
J Ashcroft DMD 2016
3 Weeks Later
J Ashcroft DMD 2016
In our continued effort to keep up with the latest and best technologies we have added a LightScalpel laser to our practice. Dr. Ashcroft has attended multiple hands-on courses on laser dentistry and has also passed the Standard Proficiency Online Examination administered by the Academy of Laser Dentistry of which he has also become a member. Dr. Ashcroft is continually striving to provide the highest quality and up-to-date care for his patients.
· Minimized Bleeding
· Less Swelling and Discomfort
· Reduced Risk of Infection
· Shortened Procedure Time
· Faster Recovery
· Enhanced Precision with Pin-Point Accuracy
· Gingivectomy – Removal of overgrown gum tissue
· Gingivoplasty – Recontouring of gum tissue
· Biopsies – Removal of suspicious lesions
· Frenectomy – Release of a tongue or lip tie
· Operculectomy – Removal of inflamed gum tissue over an erupting tooth
· Aphthous ulcer ablation – Removal of cold/canker sores
· Exposure of impacted tooth – Exposing tooth for orthodontic procedures
· Removal of mucocele – Removal of traumatized minor salivary glands on
· Soft tissue crown lengthening – Removal of gum tissue prior to crown
· Extraction site hemostasis – Stops bleeding after having a tooth pulled
Traditional surgery with a scalpel or scissors can bruise or crush tissue. When we use the LightScalpel CO2 laser, only an intense beam of laser light interacts with the tissue. There is no mechanical trauma to the tissue and the coagulation zone is very narrow (as little as 50 microns – almost the width of a human hair).
The CO2 laser has the unique ability to vaporize or ‘erase’ tissue. The CO2 laser can be used to make incisions, as well as to remove unhealthy tissue. The laser is so precise that it can selectively remove only a few cells at a time, if needed. At the same time, it is powerful enough to de-bulk the largest of tumors.
2 Weeks Later
4 Weeks Later